So you finally came into the 21st century and set up a Facebook page for your business; now what? Setting up the account is a great first step, but there is still a long way to go before your page becomes a lead generating tool to supplement the rest of your marketing efforts. Now that everything is created, the focus should be on making sure that every field is complete, and starting to generate likes on your page. Here are some simple tips anyone can follow to get you started.
Step 1: Make sure you fill out your page completely
It’s important to make sure that your face is filled out as completely as possible before you start promoting it. Not only does this help them see that you know what you are doing (even if you don’t), it helps show them that it’s a valuable resource they can’t live without. Two very important sections to focus on are going to be the Profile and Cover Photo, as well as the About Section.
- Profile Picture and Cover Photo – This allows you to start branding your business right away. Want to sell yourself as a local company so they know you aren’t some fly by night company? Use some local landmarks as your cover photo. This is also a great place to put a picture of you or your staff so they know who they are working with.
- About Section – This will help people get to know your business and the services you offer. This section will include your website address, phone number, and physical address if you have a local office. The long description section is a great way to not only let potential customers know what you do, but also add keywords that may help Facebook users find you. This can include insurance policies you specialize in, for example.
Step 2: Invite Your Facebook Friends
The best source to start mining Facebook fans is through your current friend’s list. You can do this by clicking the three dots next to your “Message” button, and selecting “Invite Friends”. This will allow you to see your list of friends and click the grey Invite button next to their name. This sends a notification to them saying that you have suggested they like your page. It’s an easy way to ask and an easy way to get your page out there! If your page is filled out completely before you start inviting everyone, it will increase the likelihood that they will actually like your page to get your updates.
Step 3: Promote your Facebook on other networks and your email
- Tweeting your Facebook URL to your twitter followers is a great way to get some instant exposure. Be sure to include a catching call to action that will make them want to click on the link.
- Shoot a mass email to your contacts. Make sure you add some value as to why they should like your page; everyone wants to know what’s in it for them. You can also use the “Tell Your Fans” option under the Marketing section of your Facebook to upload a list of contacts or link up your Gmail to have Facebook send out a message for you.
- Add your Facebook link to your Instagram description. this will help funnel people from that account to your Facebook.
Step 4: Optimize your site with Facebook Like and Share buttons.
Be sure to incorporate the Facebook “Like Box” on your homepage to pull through your latest posts and give people easy access to like the page directly from your website. You can also put share buttons on your product pages to give visitors a seamless way to share your great content to their friends.
Step 5: Use Facebook ads to promote your page
Facebook has great targeting options that let you get in front of your target audience. This allows you to select everything from the geographic are to the age group you think would be the most responsive. You can run ads for as little as $5 per day, and run multiple ads with different target audiences to let you tailor your message accordingly. You can also use their re-target code to show your ads to people who have already visited your website.
Wow that was a lot of information! It may seem overwhelming at first, but you will soon get the hang of it and be a Facebook marketing pro. If you follow each step one by one, you will be on your way to success and generating a great audience to promote your services to. Once you have a good fanbase, you can use their loyalty to grow your email list and drive traffic to your website.
Still don’t know what to do next, or haven’t even started the process of setting up your Facebook page? 220 Marketing offers everything from marketing consultations to complete social media set up from top to bottom to get you going!